Casio GW9000A-1 G-Shock Mudman Tough Solar Atomic Military Watch
Casio GW9000A-1 G-Shock Mudman Tough Solar Power Atomic Watch
Casio GW9000A-1 G-Shock Mudman (“5-eyed version”), It’s one of the best Mudman designs that Casio developed thus far–and it also contains the biggest digits, the time is quite huge and clear and you can see the present in time all modes (World Time, Stop Watch, and Countdown Timer). This clock has been improved, evolved from original Mudman G9000. It has added functions such as Solar Power, Atomic Timekeeping and solid design.
The case is sealed and covered in additional rubber to make this watch completely water/dust/mud resist and elevate the dial from the wrist for increased wear-ability. The buttons is difficult to push sometimes but it is supposed to be. It’s made this way so mud, sand, dirt as well as other unwanted material does not damage the inner workings of the watch.
About Solar feature works great, it use a solar cell around the face of the watch to charge battery power inside, which will keep it going. They generally take about 6 hours in direct sunlight to fully charge from dead to full (advanced level). Needed about 5 minutes of sunlight per day, or eight hours of fluorescent light per day.
For those who do not like to set time often, Atomic Timekeeping function is most useful for you. It will make set up the time automatically, when after midnight. The setup was quite simple whenever this is successfully done you don’t ever have to touch it again outside of some time to settings.
Casio GW9000A-1 G-Shock Mudman Specification
- Multi-Band Atomic Timekeeping (US, UK, Germany, Japan)
- Receives time calibration radio signals which keep the displayed time accurate
- Auto receive function (6 times per day)
- Manual receive function
- Signal: US WWVB, UK MSF, Germany DCF77, Japan JJY40/JJY60
- Frequency: US 60kHz, UK 60kHz, Germany 77.5kHz, Japan 40/60kHz
- Tough Solar Power
- Shock Resistant
- Mud Resistant
- 200M Water Resistant
- Auto EL Backlight with Afterglow
- World Time
- 29 times zones (48 cities), city code display, daylight saving on/off
- 5 Daily Alarms (1 with snooze)
- Countdown Timer: Measuring unit: 1/10 second; Countdown range: 1 minute to 60 minutes
- 1/100 second stopwatch; Measuring capacity: 999:59’59.99″; Measuring modes: Elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Hourly Time Signal
- Button Tone Operation On/Off
- Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
- 12/24 Hour Formats
- Accuracy: +/-15 seconds per month (with no signal calibration)
- Storage Battery: CTL1616
- Battery Power Indicator
- Power Saving Function
- Approx. battery life: 9 months on full charge (without further exposure to light)
- Module 3050
- Size of case/total weight: 52.0 x 46.3 x 16.3mm/56g
Overall: Casio GW9000A-1 is designed for those who want to function; Multi-Band Atomic and Tough Solar Power. Of course, the problem of the screen has been improved, you can read everything clearly.
The solar powered battery is a useful feature so i never need to worry about it being replaced, along with the atomic timekeeping is very low maintenance, you just simply stick it by your window every night and it also updates perfectly, always nice acknowledge that there is the exact time and you never need to reset it.
If you need many feature such as Triple sensor, you can with Casio Protrek. If you need just basic and very good budget watch, G9000 version may be good choice for you. Or you love G9000 but want tough solar, atomic solar Casio GW9000A-1 is good one.