Casio G-Shock DW5600MS-1CR very best of the tough and durable military watch
Casio G-Shock DW5600MS-1CR Shock Resistant Military Black Digital Watch
Casio G-Shock DW5600MS-1CR is strong and has a unique military style. This is a good looking watch and it’s tough enough that you don’t worry about breaking it while wearing it.Of course it keeps great time since it uses the extremely dependable quartz movement, very easy setting, and contains great functionality.
The band is also thicker than its dw56001v cousin, and that’ll allow it to be more durable. The buttons and clasp are black ion plated, that is a nice touch.
The screen for this watch is absolutely dark and black. There is also the “cool” factor with the display. However, it had been hard will be able to read in some situations in the event the lighting hasn’t been even that low. So I were required to use the light to find out any information I wanted from the Casio G-Shock DW5600MS-1CR. The EL backlight makes for easy viewing in the event the lighting is low or coal black while looking for time.
The main one function missing is that you cannot silence the button-beep. For any tactical/”stealth” watch this is a critical oversight on Casio’s part. You’ll be able to manually short-circuit it with the back away, but you will suffer all audible alarm functions in doing so But it seems strange to some people to say that alarm is too quiet.
Casio G-Shock DW5600MS-1CR Specification
- Shock Resistant
- 200 Meter Water Resistant
- EL Backlight with Afterglow
- Multi-function Alarm
- Flash Alert
- Flashes with buzzer that sounds for alarms, hourly time/signal, countdown timer time up alarm
- 1/100 second stopwatch
- Measuring capacity: 00’00″00-59’59″99 (for the first 60 minutes)
- 1:00’00-23:59’59 (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring Unit: 1/100 second (for the first 60 minutes)
- 1 second (after 60 minutes)
- Measuring mode: elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown Timer
- Measuring unit: 1 second
- Countdown range: 24 hours
- Countdown start time setting range: 1 second to 24 hours (1-second increments and 1-hour increments)
- Auto-repeat function
- Hourly Time Signal
- Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2039)
- 12/24 Hour Formats
- Accuracy: +/- 15 seconds per month
- Battery CR2016
- Approx. battery life: 2 years
- Module 1545/3229
- Size of case/total weight: DW5600CS 48.9 x 42.8 x 13.4mm / 60g
the differences between the 1545 and 3229 modules? The old module 1545 has a calender till 2039 – the new one till 2099.
The black screen with orange/red numbers, which it may be a problem for some people. If you can not read it in the sunlight or very bright conditions, just avoid very light or find a good angle.
Overall: Casio G-Shock DW5600MS-1CR is quite light and sturdy, great for everyday wear. The additional protection about the buttons would be a good idea that I will not need to be worried about it getting scratched or wet during normal daily tasks.
Affordable price and good design are strong merits for this watch. I would recommend this watch if you don’t mind striking the light button a little more often but that’s it idea.